Using Call Tracking to Measure Marketing Effectiveness
Let’s imagine you run a business with no call tracking for marketing. What will happen next? Sure, missed opportunities, ineffective marketing strategies, limited insights, and other negative consequences.
Today advanced features of cloud based phone system brings various opportunities for businesses to measure the effectiveness of their marketing campaigns. Using call-tracking metrics allows companies to identify the reach and visibility of the movements and provides valuable data for further analysis.
The adoption of call tracking for marketing has become more popular, especially for businesses that need sales call trackers. This feature helps companies to get data about the leads, customers, their inquiries and expectations and provide a more custom experience for subsequent calls.
People expect businesses to understand their needs and expectations. When companies deliver personalised experiences, customer satisfaction increases. Besides, tailoring experiences to individual preferences and behaviours can bring strong trust and help improve ROI. Research shows that 91% of customers are likelier to shop with companies that provide relevant offers and recommendations.
Understanding the Top Call Tracking Metrics for Effective Strategy
Various studies outline the importance of call tracking for marketing as a powerful tool for making data-driven decisions and delivering competitive advantage. Using sales call trackers to analyse caller behaviour helps to increase average order value and boost revenue.
Let’s explore the key metrics the call-tracking software for marketers offers, enabling them to implement an effective strategy, optimise marketing efforts, and drive business benefits:
Call volume: how many calls the company received in each period
- Call duration: how long does the average call last
- Call-to-conversion time: percentage of calls that bring sales and the average time requires for conversion
- Source: Which marketing channel generates more calls
- Call quality, response time and missed calls: understanding call interactions and the numbers of calls that were missed or not answered
- Call abandonment rate: how many people hang up before receiving the answer, and how long does it take for the caller to abandon it?
- Location: which geographic location generates the most calls
- Demographics: caller’s age, gender, occupation and more critical information
- Recording: analysis of call recording among different salespersons and departments
- ROI: the average revenue generated from tracked calls
- Cost per Call: the average cost associated with handling each call
- Sales attribution: which marketing campaigns generate more call conversions as well as
- The number of first-time callers and existing customers
- Analysis of call patterns and response rates
- Analysis of caller behaviour after the call, including website visits, conversions, or repeat calls.
The Impact of Call Tracking on Measuring Marketing Strategy
- CustomisationTracking features are a powerful tool for customised marketing strategies. Businesses get valuable insights about customer behaviour, preferences, and campaign effectiveness. By analysing phone calls, companies can personalise marketing messages, optimise marketing budgets, measure campaign success, and enhance the overall experience. Customisation allows businesses to make data-driven decisions, drive higher conversions and achieve marketing objectives more effectively.Studies show that 80% of buyers are more likely to purchase when brands offer personalised experiences. Customised marketing enables businesses to provide relevant content, recommendations, and offers based on individual preferences, increasing the likelihood of conversion. Using the crucial data received from tracking companies can tailor marketing efforts based on the user’s preferences and behaviour and provide a satisfying user experience, reducing customer frustration and increasing engagement.
- Bridging the Gap Between Marketing and SalesA tracking feature helps bridge the gap between marketing and sales by providing crucial insights and data about customer interactions over the phone. Besides, call metrics provide effective collaboration between marketing and sales teams. It is essential for aligning goals, strategies, and messaging. Call measurement provides a better idea about customer feedback and market trends, leading to better-informed decision-making and more united efforts.Marketers can provide insights into the types of calls received, common questions or objections they meet, and trends they observe. It will help sales teams to improve their strategies, address customer concerns, and enhance the overall sales process. Collaboration between these teams ensures a consistent customer experience from initial marketing touchpoints to final sales interactions.
- A/B Testing and Optimisation of Marketing StrategiesConversation tracking allows marketing teams to attribute phone calls to specific marketing campaigns or variations of their marketing strategies. By assigning unique phone numbers to different A/B test groups, they manage to track which variations generate more phone calls and conversions. For example, they can compare the call volume and conversion rates between two various landing pages, ad copies, etc.It is an outstanding feature to get data on call outcomes: from the number of appointments scheduled to the qualified or lost leads or closed sales. When comparing statistics across different A/B test groups, marketers can identify which variations are more effective in driving desirable actions.
- Improvements in Campaign PerformanceDue to the tracking features, marketers can get recordings and call outcome data to assess the quality of leads generated through their campaigns. By analysing the conversations and outcomes, they can identify areas for improvement in targeting or campaign structure.
- Identifying Opportunities and ChallengesIdentifying Keyword Performance: By using dynamic phone numbers assigned to different keyword campaigns, call tracking helps marketers measure the success of specific keywords in driving phone leads. This information allows them to optimise keyword selection and bidding strategies, ensuring maximum impact and return on investment.Well-chosen keywords bring higher conversion rates by attracting more qualified leads. They have a direct impact on CTR, which is a critical metric in measuring the effectiveness of ad campaigns. Marketers can identify the success of specific keywords in driving phone leads and optimise keyword selection and bidding strategies.
Jet Interactive’s tracking solution integrates with other marketing tools and platforms, such as CRM and analytics. This integration is beneficial for marketing teams to have a unified view of their campaign performance, enabling them to make informed decisions and measure the impact of their marketing efforts.
Jet’s system provides customisable dashboards and reports, allowing businesses to track critical metrics and KPIs relevant to their goals and objectives. It ensures that companies have the flexibility to focus on the metrics that matter most to their success.